Sunday, December 18, 2005

beauty

...Once again I saw Him in the latter days
Fraught with a deeper meaning, for He came
To my baptizing, and the infinite air
Blushed on His coming, and the earth was still;
Gental He spake; I answered; God from heaven called,
Called and I hardley heard Him, such a love
Streamed in that orison from man to man.
Then shining from His shoulders either way
Fell the flood Jordan, and his kingly eyes
Looked in the east and the star-like met the sun.
Once in no manner of similitude,
And twice in thunderings and thrice in flames,
The highest ere now hath shown His secretly;
But when from heaven the visable Spirit in air
Came verily, lighted on Him, was alone.
Then knew I, then I said it, then I saw
God in the voice, and glory of a man.

-F.W.H. Meyers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home