Saturday, December 17, 2005

coolest job in the world!


pierre

I made a new friend this week...Pierre Bernard. Let me just tell you...he has the COOLEST JOB IN THE WORLD. He is the graphic designer for Late Night with Conan Obrien and also for SNL. when i talked to him today he was at work (Sat. afternoon) working on graphics for Weekend UpDate to be used on tonight's show! He also has a re-occurring segment on Conan Obrien called "Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage"...

Now if you have seen the segments, you know why they are hysterical. for those who have not seen him on the show, I attached a quicktime clip and also part of a transcript from one of his segments...this guy is a riot! in person, he really is a cool dude!!


............................................................................................................
Pierre Bernard: Gleek the Space Monkey. The new show featured classic D.C. Comics characters like Batman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash, so you could imagine how happy I was when I discovered that Target was selling some of their characters as action figures. There were two sizes, 4 inch and 10 inch figures, and, of course, I wanted to purchase them both. Finding the Flash, Superman, and Aquaman was easy, but finding the other characters has been a considerable challenge.

When I finally found the 10-inch Wonder Woman, she came as a set with Batman. I guess that's because, on the TV series, they're dating, but what am I supposed to do with two 10-inch Batmans?

If that weren't enough, I can't find any 10-inch figures for three other characters, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter.

I had better luck with the 4-inch figures, but I found that they don't stand up very well on their own. I finally had to glue them down to keep them from falling. That's simply outrageous.

(Pulls up recliner and points at camera.)

Bottom line, America: the new Justice League action figures should be easier to find and collect, and the 4-inch figures should stand up without glue.

(Riotous applause.)

Conan O'Brien: (claps slowly) Thank you, ah, thank you, Pierre, I'm sure there are at least two or three other people in the world who know exactly what you are talking about.

Pierre Bernard: United we stand, amigos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

The sad thing is, I know what he's talking about!!!!! And guess what! He's right. Hawk Girl, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern are rare, but we have ALL the figures except Hawk Girl. If you ever see one, grab it! Jack needs it to complete his set:)

18.12.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home