Saturday, February 03, 2007

simple questions simple answers...

i know you've heard me say this before:

at times i can feel God move in my heart much more plainly and clearly. i don't know if i would go as far to say the "best" is when He speaks and it is gentle and painless. sometimes i need to be broken before i'm humble enough to get on my knees and pray. twice this week i read the children's version of the Shorter Catechisms. once in a children's church email and once on goes on runs blog.

i don't think it is a coincidence that i read such simple questions and answers written to teach children about the True God. i don't have children, but i act like a child sometimes...it's been a looong week and so i'm thankful for God's tenderness - in speaking to me gently and teaching me in a way that is powerfully direct yet simple.

An Introduction to the Shorter Catechism

Q. 1. Who made you?
A. God.

Q. 2. What else did God make?
A. God made all things.

Q. 3. Why did God make you and all things?
A. For his own glory.

Q. 4. How can you glorify God?
A. By loving him and doing what he commands.

sometimes this is all i need to know.

love and peace to you all!
xo

2 corinthians 12:9-10
..."my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

(p.s. for more info on the catechisms see reformed.com)

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Molly,
It is great to hear that along with us these questions and their answers speak so plainly of who God is and what he requires of us. These are the only questions Wyatt has learned from the catechism so far, but what a powerful statement they make for him at two and even for us at almost thirty! We think about you often.

Grace,
Heather

10.4.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home