Sunday, May 14, 2006

beauty

  Posted by Picasa

(a little late...this was meant to post on sunday, but wanted to take my time writing it)

this picture is (to me) the truest picture of beauty, love, and what it looks like to be a mother. taken on the way home from the hospital...that is a needle she has in her arm, but look at the smile on her face. Joy, happiness, excitement are all that radiate.

i forgot that it was mother's day this morning. i remembered all week that it was today, but when i woke up it had escaped me...escaped me until it was mentioned in church this morning.

i made it to resurrection presbyterian(williamsburg)this evening. vito said something that connected and brought peace to my heart. his father passed when he was young, but he has a small collection of letters (from his father) that he holds on to...a way to remember what he was like. some of the writing has faded and they are getting harder to read...but what he misses even more is his father's voice, his breath - something letters can not hold.

one of the scripture readings was from 2Timothy 3 - "All scripture is breathed out by God..." what an indescribable love. Letters written to you and to me - not just pen and ink but the very breath of God talking to us, telling us how much He cares about us. How much He wants to fill up our broken hearts. tonight while i miss my mom i think about this. i think about her voice and the things that she taught me about God's word and the peace it brings. then i think about her - rejoicing in Heaven with the TRUE breath of her Lord and Savior enveloping all that pain and filling her heart with nothing but LOVE and everlasting PEACE.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

That was beautiful. You and your mom give me courage when it comes to raising a girl.
I thought about you on Sunday and almost called...

Love & miss you. Can't wait til you're here. Everyone is so excited for your return. Columbus will be a better place.

16.5.06  
Blogger Goes On Runs said...

columbus may be better cuz you are moving but new york will be a bit sadder....... i am thrilled that it is the right decision and am only confessing my own selfishness in wanting you to have stayed......

16.5.06  
Blogger m. said...

how have i found myself so blessed with you both?

i don't deserve these kind words...

17.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home