Thursday, February 16, 2006

top 10 things NOT to say in a church membership interview

Congtats to Lindsay for being recieved as a member at Redeemer Presbyterian Church!!
Yeah!!
She must have followed the "top 10 list" we came up with the night before!

Top 10 Things Not to Say in a Church Membership Interview
...............................................................................................

10) you mean this is a church? I thought it was a cult.

9) i like to call myself an entrepreneur and a service professional. "Dealer" just has too many negative connotations.

8) is believing in God and Jesus a requirement?

7) Holy Spirit - same thing as inner spirit isn't it?

6) my boyfriend and i have only been living together for the past 3 years but i think he's gonna propose any day now.

5) i want to be a member of this church, but i don't think organized religion is for everyone...people need to do what feels good for them.

4) how attached are you to these 10 commandments?

3) trinity? you mean like Lord of the Rings??

2) heaven? i mean i'm basically a good person...i've never killed anybody!

1) i think as long as you follow your heart it will never let you down.


(anything to add?? feel free to comment!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

11. I'm single and going strong, and I was just wondering where "you guys" stand on the issue of sex before marriage? I know what the bible says but. . .what do "you guys" think?

12. I know my biggest sin struggle is the old five finger discount. . .but I hope that won't keep you from considering me when you need someone to help out as an usher for the offering. . .

17.2.06  
Blogger TheShow said...

13. If I get my health coverage through you, will it cover my abortion?

(hey, it was lucky #13...figured it should be a whopper)

17.2.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home