Saturday, February 11, 2006

last night


v-day

A friend and I were walking to the subway to get home last night and found ourselves in the middle of a "smack down" between city kids and the cops. the kids were young, maybe freshmen in high school. we were instantantly aware of what we had walked into, and though we were in no harm really...it's always good to be "aware".

needless to say we got to the subway just fine, but i said to Cally...we could have been those kids. the only difference between us really is that we were raised in homes and churchs that not only discouraged behavior like that, but that encouraged respect and love and peace. God is sovereign and we could have been born into a different family.

now don't get me wrong. i'm not trying to proclaim self righteousness when it comes to me and my family and dublin OH (of all towns). and i will forever consider myself sheltered and naive for the most part - but, i can praise God for the things he has blessed me with, and these things my family (blood and in Christ) have made me me.

with that said, i need to take these blessings and use them. my prayer is that i will in fact do something - not just blog and work but foster, support, spend time, encourage, break at least one cycle.

i got home last night and found a package in my mailbox from my sister and my father...chocolate chip cookies, M.A.C. makeup and the card above. only a few things, but they reminded me that this family i have knows ME, cares about me and shows me the love that comes from someone EVERLASTING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home