Friday, April 21, 2006

finding the words


















a longish car ride at night, by yourself, with a new otr album, makes for good grounding ...

i listened and my eyes filled a little...
i want to be in love with God - unlike anything else...and i'm not.
i want to crave Him like a hunger i've never known... and i don't.
i want to be drunk on His love for me alone.
while i float on a raft of self rightiousness and hope in an earthly world
i want to drown in that unmerited grace, full of His everlasting love...

.....................................
Drunkard's Prayer

you're my water
you're my wine
you're my whiskey
from time to time

you're the hunger
on my bones
all the nights
i sleep alone

sweet intoxication
when your words
wash over me
whether or notYour lips move
you speak to me

like an ocean
without waves
you're the movement
that I crave

and in that motion
i long to drown
and be lost
not to be found...

1 Comments:

Blogger Goes On Runs said...

missed you at church to give you a hug and hear about your project, craziness, and overall state of heart. running tomorrow? stef wants to join us..... i need the push - that funk still lingers :)

24.4.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home